BISMARK ENTERTAINMENT

Thursday 6 February 2014

I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR BANDEX …SONY ACHIBA FIRES BACK

London-based Ghanaian artiste, Sony Achiba, yesterday described the statement made against him by Ahmed Banda, a music and movie producer, that he (Sony) washes plates and does menial jobs in London for a living, as very unfortunate.

He asked, “How can somebody like Banda who does not know much about me and my family go on radio and say things about me without any evidence to substantiate it?”

Sony Achiba who was able to sell 250,000 copies of his music album in three months some years back said he was shocked to hear such comments from Bandex; someone he respects so much, adding that he has never washed plates in London for a living and even in his own house he does not wash plates.

“I have not spoken with Bandex for the past years. I met him two years ago when I was in Ghana to perform at Back In The Day concert. I have never washed plates in London for a living as he claimed. I was surprised when I heard the news.”

Speaking from London in an interview with BEATWAVES, Sony Achiba said he was shocked that Banda, also known as Bandex, who had a reputation to protect, could make such statements.

Sony Achiba said, “I don’t have a problem with Bandex for him to go on radio to tarnish my image. I don’t have time for him because I have a lot to do as a musician to meet the challenges ahead of me. I don’t want to waste my time on things that will not benefit my musical career”.

He disclosed that the comments made about him by Bandex were in a very bad taste, and that one of his business partners had want to sue Bandex but “I had to calm him down with the excuse that it will be a waste of time and also it will be of no benefit”.

Sony said he was currently working on his new album and would be visiting Ghana very soon to put finishing touches to it before its release in Ghana.

No comments:

Post a Comment