BISMARK ENTERTAINMENT

Tuesday 5 November 2013

GLORIA: I’M BEING SEXUALLY HARRASSED

Nana Ama is a con girl and a flirt who is always exploiting her beauty to lure men in the popular TV series Efiewura.
That role, well played out by Gloria Osei Sarfo in the series for the past six years, is rather rubbing badly on her real life character.

Unfortunately, many men have misconstrued that acting role as her real life character and she has become the target of men who harrass her with incessant sexual advances.

Gloria who shot to fame through Efiewura said that has been the bitter pill she has to swallow for being in the limelight but she has always overcome these “juicy offers” from the men because she doesn’t want to compromise on her Christian doctrines.

“I have had to endure a lot of temptations especially “juicy” offers from men. Some men read different meanings into what I do as an actress. They think I am that bad girl they watch on TV and in movies so even if I tell them it is just a role play, they assume I am just playing hard to get and just wouldn’t take no for an answer”, she told Showbiz last Friday.

Coming from a strong Christian family background, Gloria says she has strived not to put her family’s name in disrepute especially her mother who is the branch pastor at City Temple International Church in Accra.

“I am a staunch Christian and my religious beliefs have always been a guide in my career. I know it will be difficult for people to accept that Gloria is a good girl but that is me. What I do is just a job and I have to deliver well to the satisfaction of my producers and directors but most people do not understand it that way.

“They just want to judge me based on what they see me do on TV, but for me it only shows that I am doing something right”, she added.

She had her stint in the movie industry a decade ago when she featured in My Mother’s Heart but it was her appearance in Efiewura that shot her into the limelight.

Aside Efiewura, Gloria plays the lead role in another TV series, Living with Trishia on Viasat 1 a programme she said has “helped to revive and upgrade me. Many people thought that I couldn’t speak English because of Efiewura.

Away from her acting career, she talked of her love life and hinted that wedding bells will soon ring as plans are far advansed for that “special day”.

Gloria who is in her late 20s has featured in movies like Frema, Most Wanted Girls, Makochem, Odansefuo Ne Wan, Sweet Mother and her latest Sika which is yet to be released.

No comments:

Post a Comment