BISMARK ENTERTAINMENT

Friday 21 March 2014

MUSIC IS MY PASSION - AKWABOAH

After picking awards as the best song writer for Becca’s Daa Ke daa, Efya’s Best in Me, young highlife musician, Akwaboah needed a bigger platform to explore his singing abilities.

It was that which influenced the composition of his first single; I Do Love You last year. And for one who describes music as his passion, his voice and great highlife compositions, gradually revealed him as one of the artistes to push highlife music far.

“I am very passionate about music and particularly highlife because it gives us our identity. Music is part of our culture and defines who we are as a people and so I deem it as a responsibility to project what is unique of my people” he told Showbiz last Friday.

“Music, it is believed is the food of the soul but highlife music I think is the fresh meal that Ghanaians should always be served with”.

Currently competing with the likes of Joey B and Kumi Guitar for the New Artiste of the Year award, Akwaboah debunked assertions that he doesn’t qualify to be in that category because he had won numerous awards on the same platform.

“Yes, I have won awards at the VGMA but not as a singer but a writer. The songs were not mine, I only wrote the lyrics so I qualify to be nominated for New Artiste of the Year and I know that my chances are great to grab it.

“I am not in competition with other artistes but working hard to contribute my quota to the Ghanaian music industry after my dad, Kwadwo Akwaboah and my grandfather, renowned highlife artiste; the late Kwabena Akwaboah had duly paid their dues. It is time for me to pay my dues too” he stated.

He is currently working on the release of his debut album which is scheduled for release this September.

Akwaboah has four singles to his credit. They are; I Do Love You, Nsroma, Mesan Agye wo and Forever which features Okyeame Kwame.

He has played for several local and international artistes including Hugh Masekela. “When my album is done, Ghanaians will get to know my worth and substance not just as an artiste but as a singer”.

No comments:

Post a Comment