BISMARK ENTERTAINMENT

Thursday 20 February 2014

I DON’T NEED DRUGS OR ALCOHOL TO PERFORM - ADOLF TAGOE

Ace musician Adolf Tagoe has described as surprising and disheartening, reports that some artistes require stimulants such as alcohol and drugs before they can find their rhythm or perform on stage, saying such persons were missing the true essence of music.

Mr Tagoe, popularly known as the ‘Kakalika man’ for his latest hit, says music is “the best thing that has happened” to him in his decades on earth, and strongly believes such persons may be hiding behind music to perpetuate a negative vice.

“I don’t believe in drugs. Those who want to do drugs will hide behind anything and give so many excuses. If somebody says he needs drugs to perform I don’t believe it. For me, stage is my home. I don’t drink, I don’t smoke, I don’t do anything. I think they are just using music as an excuse.”

Reports have been rife about drug and alcohol use among musicians, especially upcoming ones, although their managers and publicists have consistently denied such reports. Nevertheless such rumours have refused to go away.

According to Adolf Tagoe, although there are other things that bring him happiness, “just seeing the joy that music, both mine and others, brings to people’s faces and hearts is a constant blessing to me, and I don’t need drugs to do that.”

The Ghanaian born American citizen, who is a Civil Engineer by profession, says he “designs and builds for fun but my first love is music, and I have enjoyed doing it all these years. I can never stop.”

Known for a number of hits including his latest singles ‘Kakalika’ and ‘Hotshot’, which continue to receive serious air play, Adolf Tagoe told Adomonline.com he was putting finishing touches to the 12 tracks on his songs fifth album. His first album was released in 2001, followed by others in 2004, 2006 and 2009 respectively.

He advised his colleague musicians caught in the web of alcohol and drug use to do whatever it takes to quit, “because sooner or later it will hit you like a time bomb.”

No comments:

Post a Comment